Brave and the Bold vs. Marvel Two-in-One

The results are in and it's a tie. A wonderful, beautiful tie! A couple weeks ago, when I saw the end of my Teen Titans phonebook looming, I asked which Showcase/Essential collection I should cover next. And here are the results:
How perfect is it that the two team-up books got the highest votes? Now I get to team THEM up in the biggest slam-bang competition this side of the Comix Treadmill's Scaled-Down Smack-Down.
On one side we have Batman, the Dark Knight himself. Strengths: 1) Written by Crazy Bob Haney. 2) He's friggin' Batman. And on the other, that lovable mountain of orange rocks, Ben Grimm AKA The Thing. Strengths: Sometimes written by the Haney of the 70s, Bill Mantlo. 2) It's clobberin' time!

A detective vs. a monster. A solo star vs. a team player. A dark shadow vs. a giant orange eyesore. "They killed my parents" emo vs. "I'm ugly and nobody loves me" emo. Who's better? Who's got the better guest-stars? The nastier villains? The most ridiculous reasons to team up with someone every month? Stay tuned for the battle of the century (or at least of the next couple months)!

Comments

Siskoid said…
Just as I'm following along on the Treadmill's excellent B&B archive (looking in after I do my thang). I notice you guys never archived the Batman/Eclipso B&B though. Missing from your collection or am I not looking right?