Ambush Bug: Slumming It

In a month, Ambush Bug returns to the DCU properly, despite appearances in a Loser Justice League (I'm not talking about the current incarnation, no) and a Lobo mini-series (they still publish those things?). Before that, his last true appearance was 1992's Nothing Special, in which he literally leaves the DC Universe. So the question is: Where's he been all this time?

It's been intimated that he was in Arkham Asylum all along.I don't believe a word of it. That's just a cover story for people who don't have the Reality Check power. No, he's been around...

He took up residence in the City of Heroes online game for a while, until he had his fill of superheroes called SSSPIIDDORM_ANNN.
Became spokesperson for a beer company.
Went on the HeroClix circuit.
Palled around with fellow 90s humor outcast Lobo.
And tried to get extra cash by appearing in sketchbooks...
...before getting into the subversive cameo racket.
But that's all over now. Proper appearances. A proper mini-series. A proper place in the DCU pantheon.

There's no going back...

Comments

Anonymous said…
You probably have all the originals, but I was quite excited to find this the other day...

http://www.amazon.com/Showcase-Presents-Ambush-Bug-Vol/dp/1401221807
Siskoid said…
I hope that works out (I've seen Showcases disappear off the schedule before), though yes, I do have them all. :)
De said…
I had no idea there was a Heroclix figure! It shall be mine!
Siskoid said…
I love the upside down Daily Planet!