Friday Night Fight Dada

Maybe I like Flex Mentallo's polyverse so much because it reminds me of a mini-comic I once made called Dada #4. This series was a cut-and-paste exquisite corpse experiment in which random images and words "became" a story by the will of the reader alone. In issue 4, I tried to create a superhero crossover event, and managed, in my opinion, to recreate the feeling a non-comics-reader would have looking at those things even for the comics reader. A lot of Flex Mentallo reads just like it, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that Morrison was going for the same effect as a comment on today's comics. It's all one big black and white fight, so I dedicate it to Bahlactus. All Hail the World Devourer. (Click images to make readable... at your own peril.)




Most words taken from a copy of Previews. Tracings from various comics, mostly Secret Wars. Other graphic elements, don't ask. Don't try the addresses, that was ages ago.

Comments