1001 Things I Will Not Do When I GM (Excerpts)

All based on true events.

1. I will not kill the same player's PC every game, even if that player is my kid brother.

25. I am not allowed to use multiple 4 or 5-skull traps from Grimtooth's sourcebooks.

176. I will not use the same trap on every door until someone figures out how to bypass it, and then promptly change it to my next favorite on every subsequent door, ad infinitum.

257. I will not kill a PC's entire supporting cast in the first game.

299. If I read room descriptions from an adventure module, I will make sure I can pronounce words in the language that module uses.

401. I cannot use segues like "You get to the castle. During the night, Eric's character tried to rape the princess so now the entire army is after you."

521. If I am willing to provoke a Total Party Kill, I will be ready to go all the way and not suddenly call it all an illusion. If not, then I will not provoke said TPK.

791. The Monster Manual is not looking for me to submit a creature called "DM's Discretion".

802. Narrativism does not mean that I will narrate a story and the players will sit quietly and listen to it.

884. The cops/army/palace guards aren't automatically hostile to every PC they meet.

935. I will not wait for a player to ask if a monster is in the room before telling him that there is.

1001. I will not feel like a badass just because I own Throne of Bloodstone, nor will I gloat about such ownership or its implied badassery.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahh, you're no fun anymore! (wink, wink)