I Just Got Double-Tagged by Jon K!

Well, it seems that Jon K - of Random Acts of Geekery fame - has just hit me with a double order of blog awards and is daring me - no! forcing me - to respond. First, thanks a lot. It's always nice to be included in such things. And while you can't really put that stuff on your CV, if nothing else, I always find links to interesting blogs I'd not discovered before. The one pain in the ass is "tagging" other blogs. I'm very glad to give blogs the attention they deserve, but I'm a little "phone shy" about spamming bloggers with what sometimes feels like a chain letter. So I'm not going to continue the chain that is the One Lovely Blog Award.Jon recommends 15 good blogs, and I'll just say hey, if you think we have the same tastes, check out the blog roll to the right. There's good stuff there.

However, I AM going to participate fully in Jon's NEW Blog award:
Not only is the first such award for Geek Blogs only, but he's given it it's own blog where all winners will be archived. I am honored and humbled to be one of the two blogs featured from the outset, and since we can only name TWO, it doesn't feel like spamming so much. Here are the rules according to Certified Geek:

When a blogger awards this prize to someone, they'll need to do the following:

1. Go to Certified Geek and make sure that blog hasn't already received the award.
2. Create a post on their blog announcing the two blogs they've decided to award.
3. In that post, include the official graphic (as seen on the top left-hand corner of this page)
4. Provide a link to the two blogs
5. Tell why they've chosen the two blogs
6. Include the URL for the award blog (http://certifablygeekblogs.blogspot.com)
7. Email Jon K at waffyjon at comcast dot net with the above information, plus what category they think the blog fits in (so I can label it accordingly). If the blog fits more than one category, they should include them all (for example, if the Random Acts of Geekery were awarded this -- which it can't, because none of his blogs are eligible to win -- the categories would be comics, toys, cartoons, sci-fi, Star Trek, monster movies, etc.)
8. Contact the two blogs that they've awarded, tell them about this blog, as well as where they can find the post in which they were awarded. They can do this by emailing the bloggers (if that's possible) or by leaving a comment in a recent post.

The only other rule is that you can't give the award to the same blogger at the same time, even if they have more than one certifiably geek blog! However, if you have more than one blog, and each of them receives the award from different people, you can feel free to award the same blogger (but a different blog) from each of your own blogs!


So here goes. My two Certified Geek choices are (supply drumroll)...

Michael May's Adventureblog : At the risk of sounding like a broken record by shilling one of Michael's blogs once again, I think Certified Geek is perfect for blogs that aren't just about a single category, but about as many geek topics as possible. The Adventureblog is a good place to get a mix of cool images and thoughtful articles, with particular focus on pulp'n'pirates (oooh, that sounds like a potable role-playing game, doesn't it?).

Hero Press: And across the ocean, in the UK, there's The Acrobatic Flea, who blogs often multiple times a day about gaming, comics, sci-fi shows and whatever else strikes his fancy. It's become one of my regular haunts, even when I have little time to dedicate to reading blogs. Every Monday, his The Week in Geek tells me all I need to know about geekery. A must.

So that's my part done, and with apologies to everyone else I love. Now I'll go check out fellow nominee Geek Orthodox, who wasn't even on my radar. See you in the funny papers!

Comments

Tim Knight said…
Thank you - I am very honoured and flattered by this award and will have to put on my thinking cap to decide who I reckon is worthy of joining our esteemed ranks :D
Michael May said…
Gah! So LATE in seeing this! I'm sorry about that. Thanks, Siskoid!