Reign of the Supermen #265: Sorcerer King Superman

Source: Superman/Batman #81 (2011)
Type: Alternate futureIn a future where Earth's evil sorcerers cast the "Final Spell" (what is this, a crossover event we've never heard of?) and murdered the sun (so it's Final Night, but with magic), Superman continues to fight the good fight without his science-fueled powers. Magic armor and sword change the rules of the game, but still, Superman remains vulnerable. In fact, he dies pretty early in the storyline.

But will this future ever happen?
Only if you believe Felix Faust could win the day. And yeah, that's a stretch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Not related to this specific Reign post, but: I finally read "The Mighty" per your recommendation, and it was a darn fine read. Thanks for the suggestion!

The only thing I didn't like, and this is just a matter of taste, is that I prefer a Superman who can be convinced of the error of his ways. Suggestions? I am a big fan of "Squadron Supreme" along those lines, what else is out there? (In SS, of course, our heroes never stopped being completely idealistic; I'm not necessarily looking for an ersatz Superman with that high degree of idealism, but at least with the capacity to regret his actions.)
Siskoid said…
Uhm... the actual Superman?

Kidding aside, I can't think of anything right this minute, but if I do, I'll let you know.