Reign of the Supermen #291: Crash Test Dummies' Super-Man

Source: "Superman's Song" by the Crash Test Dummies (1991)
Type: TV

Three and a half years ago, when I was a poor, naive soul, I posted about the Crash Test Dummies' bittersweet (and prophetic!) song and complained that Solomon Grundy was mentioned in the chorus merely for the sake of the rhyme because, really, how was he in any way a Superman legacy villain? I was soon fairly slapped for saying Superman hadn't fought Grundy except in cartoons (Super-Friends and then Justice League). Not true! He did appear a number of times to fight Superman in the 70s! As a way to atone for my sins, and to accompany the music, I offer all the comic book covers on which Superman tangled with Grundy prior to the song coming out. And thanks for forgiving me my trespasses.
Sadly, they never wrote a musical sequel called Reign of the Supermen. (Or four of them, each in a different style.)

Comments

The Mutt said…
What bugs me is how they diss Tarzan. He spoke English and French and Russian and Ape!
Siskoid said…
Tarzan gets no respect. Clearly judged by who his parents are. Shame.