I Love Me a Library-like TARDIS

One of the features I positively adore about the current TARDIS redress is that there are book cases all along the wall, like so:
I love that. Sure, the TARDIS has Borges' Library of Babel somewhere, but the console room can also be a place of learning, can't it? Maybe I love it because it feels more like home. (My place is lousy with shelving.) In my Doctor Who role-playing, I pretty much insisted the Time Lord's TARDIS console room walls should be nothing but book shelves. I even made the TARDIS communicate by pushing out relevant books. The first time the console room looked like a library?
Yeah, I know. The console had been taken out of the TARDIS somehow (don't ask, probably the same way K9 could go up a step to roll in; or how the black and white era would show huge doors from the inside, but small phone box doors from the outside), so that's not the console room. But it'll do as a visual. Oh yes, it'll do.

Because I love me a Library-like TARDIS.

Comments