Cook-Off: Oscar Noms

Last Sunday was our annual Oscar party - semi-formal dress, crappy DVDs to win (I won a LOT of crap, you'll see in the next This Week in Geek), and best of all, a pot luck inspired by nominated film titles (and sometimes actors). Here are some of the Oscar puns from this year, delicious all (mouseover for chefs).

Mad Max was very inspiring this year, from drinks...
...to Mad Max: Sushi Road...
...to Mad Mac 'n' Cheese.
But other films are represented, of course. From appetizers like Rooney Pita & Tadzhiki, to desserts like The Big Short Bread.
Tarantino got in the game too with the Hateful 8-Layer Dip.
Some movie titles already have foods named after them, like this Brooklyn Blackout Cake.
The same celebrant also brought 50 Shades of Grape Juice, and Inside Out Pizza (no broccoli).
Pretty clever use of Steve Jobs, with his Apple Muffins.
Leonardonuts Di Caprio? Award-winning I'm sure.
Smiley fries - Right Out of the Oven!
And me? I made my famous Martian potatoes. That's all the guy eats in the movie. And they're orange. Like the planet. Aw fugget it.
Yeah, yeah, I'd promised ShRooms with Brie (Larson), I just didn't trust my culinary skills. So... what Oscar Noms did you eat last Sunday?

Comments