Fiasco: Daikaiju!

I love Fiasco, even if I don't play nearly as much as I should for someone who obsessively collects playsets (hey, they're usually free), and I'm always game to write one, but it's no easy task. The main problem is finding a setting/theme that hasn't already been done! My first attempt, mentioned without hoopla on this blog, was about the improv world, based on very personal experiences, and all in French. But what could I give to the wider world?

Would you believe no one seems to have done a Kaiju playset? And yet, the amount of destruction, ridiculously complex plots and did I mention destruction? in any given Godzilla or Godzilla-ish movie should immediately spell out FIASCO. I suppose the hurdle to jump is how the giant monsters are used. Players will need to take on the roles of humans and aliens if they want their scenes to be anything more than growls and screeches. And yet. I wouldn't be surprised if players ALSO wanted to do a bit of that.

So in addition to the normal playset stuff, I've written a few guidelines/rules on how to play - in certain scenes at least - the giant beasts stomping all over your Fiasco's Tokyo.

You can download the playset right here: FIASCO DAIKAIJU!

Comments